INSTAGRAM - #BATHITUP
Signup for our newsletter
As winter approaches, many of us begin to have problems with cracked heels with the severity of the problem ranging from a cosmetic issue to a painful one which requires medical care. We all would agree to the fact feet are easy to ignore or outsource to the nail salon—they are far away from the rest of our body, oddly shaped, and subsequently too easy to skip or forget. But the truth is that we owe our feet big time. They carry us wherever we go, provide a solid platform on which to stand, and are constantly grounding us to Mother Earth. They absorb every step, sprint, and stomp and always propel us forward.
Yeah, winter and skin don’t get along well. We’re are sure you know that by now.
In part, the fault lies in spending more time indoors around forced-air central heating. Another culprit is taking longer, hot showers when outdoor temperatures fall. But that creature comfort strips the body’s natural oils. In the colder weather, people do set themselves up for dry skin in part because they like to take longer and hotter showers. That sort of stimulates the drying effect and compounds the dryness that also occurs in the colder and drier weather.
Not to underestimate the fact that we also prefer to spend a lot more time around heat sources.
A lot of it, particularly in this area, is we have our heaters on and we have our wood stoves on, while we’re sitting in the house. The air is being dried out by heat! Yep, that’s the science behind.
And outdoors, wind and cold, dry weather can chap lips and skin.
But well, we have got a solution here. You are very welcome! Here is a simple, yet effective, home remedy which will help to make your feet smooth again.
- Soak your feet in warm water. Avoid using hot water as it can dry your feet more.
- Use soap and a pumice stone to scrub your feet to remove dead skin cells. You can also add lemon juice to the water. Soak your feet for 10 to 15 minutes before scrubbing with the pumice stone.
- After you have scrubbed, wash your feet with clean water and pat them dry with a towel before moisturising them liberally.
- For moisturizing, you can use our Dot & Key Foot Cream. This saviour is a 2-in-1 remedy that keeps your feet fresh, moisturized and odour-free. Its antiperspirant properties, along with camphor and peppermint essential oil, help fight sweat and odour-producing microbes while its moisturizers protect from external aggressions.
- Put on a pair of clean socks and leave them on overnight to help lock in the moisture.
Your feet will be noticeably softer in the morning. Repeat this process every day until you are satisfied the cracks in your heels are completely gone!